Pages

Friday, July 31, 2020

Grateful Friday

Next week is a big week for anniversaries.

Adam and I will have been married 25 years.

Braeden and Anna will have been married 1 year.

My parents will have been married 50 years.

I guess early August is just a good time to get married.

I'm grateful for Braeden and Anna's marriage.  Anna is sort of like Mary Poppins--practically perfect in every way.  She has a relationship with everyone in our family and she is kind and loving and good.  I love how much Braeden loves her and the ways she has made his life better.  He said recently that this past year has been the best year of his life.

What more could I ask for?

I'm grateful for my parents' marriage.  They have always been examples to me in lots of ways like parents are.  I'm grateful for their example of a loving marriage.  I've seen them work together through thick and thin.  I've seen them support each other and correct each other and love each other. The created a bedrock of faith and stability that I grew up in.

What more could I ask for?

I'm grateful for my marriage.  Twenty-five years with someone who makes you laugh, works hard, supports your dreams and throws away the leftovers in the fridge when you are afraid to open them is a recipe for happiness.  I can't imagine a better husband for myself and I'm grateful he's mine.  Adam asked if I wanted to go away somewhere for our anniversary.  I'm happy just going grocery shopping together.  As long as I'm with him, I know I'll have a good time.

What more could I ask for?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails