Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

I love to see the temple

We took a Sunday drive to see all the temples in Utah County.

I thoroughly enjoyed our little trip.  The weather was perfect for a drive and we packed snacks and bottles of ice water so what's not to love?

Here are the Utah County temples in the order we saw them:

1) Mt. Timpanogos a.k.a. "our temple"

It's the one we see every day out our window.  Driving by it made me feel a longing to go inside.


Yes, Emma did this pose at EVERY SINGLE temple.  I didn't know she was doing that but Mark did.  This is why we can't have nice things. Ratty kids. 

2) Saratoga Springs



The temple there will be in a gorgeous spot overlooking the lake with all the mountain grandeur before it.  I wonder if/hope we'll be able to see it from our house.

We took a lovely route around the west side of the lake, landing in Goshen where I did my students teaching and then went to...

3) Payson

We can't not think about Braeden and Anna when we see the Payson temple.  I'm filled with gratitude that they were sealed in that beautiful place and that they are ours forever.





While we drove we talked about temples and which in the world we had visited.  I told them about the moment I decided I wanted to be married in the Salt Lake City Temple.  It was at my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary party.  They had a cake with a tiny Salt Lake City Temple on top made of crystal.  I realized that all my grandparents and my parents were married there and that was what I wanted too.

Up next was Provo.

4) Provo City Center

I can't see this beautiful temple without thinking about it being a tabernacle that burned and emerged more glorious than ever.


All the photos that are artsy like this were taken by Adam


5) Provo

This temple holds a special place in my heart because it was where we went with Stella for her first time to do baptisms for her family two weeks after Braeden baptized her in Virginia.




Our original plan was to see all the sites, even the ones not yet completed.  We generally know where the new Orem temple will be even though they haven't broken ground yet but:  we ran out of steam.

We had a lovely time and I 1) felt grateful for the wealth of temples we have here and 2) felt sad that we can't go inside.  Yet.  Someday soon hopefully we will be back.


2 comments:

Geri said...

Love the temples. Seattle is opening for limited live sealings next week. Now that cheeky Emma. She either needs sunglasses or she’s channeling someone who usually has her eyes closed in pictures.

Olivia Cobian said...

I agree with Geri! Maybe Emma just needs sunglasses--the rest of you all have them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails