Pages

Friday, July 24, 2020

Grateful Friday


This is a picture of my mom with her two grandmas.  I love it and I love that my mom is scanning pictures and putting them on Family Search.

I'm grateful today for my heritage.  I love that in Utah, today is a holiday and we celebrate pioneers.  I'm not sure exactly who in my family were the first ones to change their lives and convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but I'm sure I could figure it out.  When I look back on my family tree, I see that people were born in Scotland or England or Sweden and then a few generations later, it was all Utah.  I'm grateful for the choices they made that landed me here.  I'm grateful for their examples of fortitude and faith.  It's worth celebrating and remembering.

Here's another thing to be grateful for:

Adam showing his enthusiasm last night.

Today is the opening game of baseball.  It is a long time coming and Adam is happy.  That kid loves watching baseball.

To celebrate we are wearing Mariners shirts and having hot dogs and peanuts and cracker jacks.  Maybe some garlic fries.

I'm grateful for every little thing that comes back, even if it's limited.  I'll take it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails