Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Precrastination

My friend Jamie said I am a precrastinator.

It's nice to have a name to call it I guess.

I can see where I get it.  My whole life, whenever I needed my dad to do something for me, he did it. Right then.  He doesn't wait.

Also, I didn't just get my name from my grandma.  She wants things done yesterday.  I get it.

The other day, Emma and I were talking and she hasn't decided what she wants to do with her life after she graduates college.  I said, "So why don't you...decide?"

She just looked at me like I'd suggested something weird and sort of unsavory.  She said, "We're very different people."

And she has a point.  I decided when I was in first grade that I wanted to be a teacher.

My lack of ability to procrastinate isn't a humble brag.  It's not always beneficial to me and it is often annoying to people around me that I can't wait.  I get started right away.  I must.

The other day Adam told me that if I were a superhero, my power would be impatience.

Not exactly a compliment.

In July, our budgets were replenished at school.  Also, Walmart has started stocking their back to school sales.

Guess whose classroom supplies were purchased this week?

We have a new financial secretary at the school and she along with our new-ish principal have been working to answer all my questions and figure out which funds apply to which purchases and I've been the irritating precrastinator pushing them along.  All of the other teachers probably have their feet up and are sipping cold drinks and reading a book and I'm counting out 30 composition books at Walmart (with one hand because the other hand is in a cast).

My principal is a really nice guy though.  He put a kind spin on it.  He said, "Thelma, thank you for being our guinea pig as we try to figure this out."

Now I just need to get everything labeled.  Once I get my class list finalized.  No rush.

(But kind of a rush.  Because why wait?)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Me too, sister!

Olivia Cobian said...

Me three! I like to figure things out early, and I like the name precrastinator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails