Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Random stuff

When I leave my phone around, here's what happens:



Also, we're getting our new flooring installed this week. (Maybe?  The flooring guys removed the carpet and then just left without saying anything.  They left all their tools behind so we're hopeful they'll return eventually.)  On Saturday we moved all the stuff into the living room, which isn't getting new flooring.


Mark wanted the piano on the outside so he could still play it.  Also, the piano bench is buried somewhere inside the life size Tetris game that is our living room.  So he grabbed a stool from the kitchen to sit on.  The way he tossed his sweatshirt across the piano looks a little like someone styled it that way, but no one did.

And who wears a sweatshirt in July?

Mark.

In the basement.

Because the air conditioning is living its best life down there.

Speaking of Mark, he needed help with his math.  Emma looked at it and said, "I have no idea."  Those four words struck fear in my heart because if Emma doesn't know, what are any of us going to do?

I sat down with it and several reams of paper later....


Mark said, "Wait, I don't think we need plus and minus for those numbers."

So we reworked it without the plus and minus and got the right answer!

Then I said, "Why don't we need plus and minus?"

Mark said, "I have no idea."

It was a theme.

Then he said, "Oh, because they aren't imaginary numbers or square roots!"

And I was like, "Oh yeah!"

So I went and told Emma, who was by then playing her guitar and she was like, "Oh yeah!"

There is no moral to this story.  The end.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails