Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Live theater

How I've missed it!

Monday night Emma and Mark and I went to the Hale Theatre in Sandy.  It's not connected to the Orem theater except different branches of the same family descended from Ruth and Nathan Hale.

Side note:  I marvel and appreciate the legacy they created.  I can't imagine how many people have gone home with joy in their hearts after seeing one of the plays in their theaters.

We saw Bright Star which we knew nothing about but loved immensely.  Emma and Mark knew several of the cast members and enjoyed watching them perform.

The new Sandy theater is fancy and shiny compared to the humble Orem theater (that we love so much no matter how fancy and shiny other theaters are).

I texted this to Adam before the show started:

Emma told me how to spell bourgeoisie....

Also, there is supreme delight in sitting next to Emma and texting her.



I staple anything that strikes my fancy on our garage walls.  Especially but not limited to playbills.

Playbills and phone cases we no longer have the phones for but got attached to and the letters that used to hang above the kids' towel hooks in our bathroom.  You know, normal garage stuff.


I love being with Emma and Mark.  They amplify each others' personalities in good ways.  They kept us in good music on the drive and their witty repartee keeps things happy.  (Although sometimes I don't understand what they're talking about and other times I am the butt of their jokes.)

The show made me cry.  It is basically a mother/son story.  And the son was a redhead.  I told Mark after that you can't be a mother and not cry at that play.

He put his arm around me and said, "Well, you can't be my mother and not cry."

He thinks I cry a lot.

I don't know why.

Then he wanted to know if we could go to Wendy's on the way home.

It was a shocking turn of events.

As we walked out of the theater, I overheard a woman talking to her friend.  She said, "I was crying and now my nose is running and I can't blow my nose because of this mask.  This is quite a time we are living in."

I could relate on every front.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails