Pages

Friday, July 3, 2020

Grateful Friday

It's been kind of a grouchy week.  I'm not the most patient patient.  I still have a lot to be grateful for though.

I'm grateful for:

Advil:  especially after hydrocodone or Tylenol or both gave me an allergic reaction (which is weird because I've had both before with no problem).

Entertainment:  people create things like this.  I love people.


Friends:  Had a nice catch up phone call with Janet.  I'll see Stephanie tonight at Paisley's wedding reception (I was supposed to help cut cake but I am clubby instead).  Next week Adam and I were invited to a birthday party with a few of our favorite couples.

Theater:  We're going to the Sandy Hale Theater on Monday and then watching our neighbor Louisa perform in Little Women later this month in Orem.

My job:  We had a book club meeting at school this week. It was kind of awful because my arm hurt and I couldn't really elevate it properly.  It was kind of wonderful too though.  I like my work friends and I like that we are striving to be better.  We're reading Creativity Inc by Ed Catmull.   It's about the making of Pixar and it's really interesting.  Even though we're not starting a computer animated movie production company, there are applicable lessons.  Also, we're still not sure what the fall will look like school-wise, but it seems like at least we'll be at school.  I'm grateful for that!

Family:  This week I've appreciated phone calls from my parents and Geri and my sisters and Braeden.  It makes me feel loved that they wanted to check on me.  I am also grateful for Adam and Emma and Mark taking care of me around here.  They are patient with my angst and fetch me things. Also they tie my shoes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails