Pages

Monday, August 17, 2020

Family time

 We were supposed to have a small family reunion on Saturday but it was canceled.  The coronavirus just keeps on ruining stuff.

I still wanted to go to Nevada but I got freaked out by (you guessed it) the coronavirus and I was super busy Saturday getting ready for school to start and also trying to be a contributing member of my family at home.

It's a lot.

We joined a zoom meeting on Saturday with most of my siblings.  We played a trivia game about Tabor and then they presented my parents with the 50th anniversary present we have been working on for years.

A quilt.

There are blocks that represent different events in their life and a quilt block representing each of their children's family.  It was a group effort but my sisters deserve most of the credit because they quilted it.  Both parents cried so, you know, mission accomplished.

After the call, Adam saw my sad face and said, "We can drive there tomorrow."

We didn't have church yesterday and I wasn't planning on doing any school prep or laundry so we made a plan.  Mark ended up staying home with bad allergies so it was just Adam and me, practicing being empty nesters.

(We'll be good at being empty nesters.  We like hanging out together.)

We had lunch with my parents (at separate tables) then my sisters and most their kids came over and we sat distanced apart and visited.  There were no hugs or closeness at all and I don't love that.

But I did love a quick trip to see my dear parents and some of my family.

Fifty years of marriage is a long time, but so is eternity.  I'm glad I'll be with them that long.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

It was so great to see you! Thank you for coming. Good luck with school tomorrow. Tell your students how straight up lucky they are to get marvelous you for a teacher!

Marianne said...

You deserve lots of credit too! Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails