Pages

Monday, August 24, 2020

Wonderful

 Friday Braeden sent this:

This picture is of Braeden and Sarah Justesen, a newly minted BYU freshman.  I love how happy Braeden looks.

I immediately wanted to meet them!

Rebecca Justesen is one of the nicest people I know.  When Braeden was serving his mission, she took great care of him.

She had the missionaries over often for dinner, she also gave them cereal (one of Braeden's love languages:  cereal) and cut their hair and did a million little services for them. She'd text me and ask me Braeden's favorites.  One birthday he wasn't even in their area anymore and Rebecca and her children decorated his apartment door for his birthday.

I'll never (ever) forget that Rebecca stayed in the hospital overnight with Braeden when he had his surgery.  Even now it makes me cry to think about that selfless service she gave to him and mostly to me.

(Braeden said that when he was in the hospital and Rebecca and Stella were there, he knew he was in good hands.  I did too.)

So yeah, I wanted to meet Rebecca.

She was in Provo, dropping off her darling daughter, Sarah.

We had dinner together.  Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but I was so happy to meet her and hug  her and thank her in person for her kindness.  We chatted over dinner like long lost friends.  I told Sarah she is perpetually invited to Sunday dinner.

Later, I texted Braeden and thanked him for bringing so many wonderful people into our lives.  An unknown perk of being a parent.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails