Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Mini road trip

We were planning on being in Seattle this week if the blasted coronavirus hadn't wrecked everything. Because of that, though, Adam already had some work time blocked out.  We went to Lava Hot Springs yesterday in southern Idaho.  It was only a couple of hours away and I always like sitting next to Adam in the car.  We listened to the playlist curated by Emma and Mark and listened to a podcast and held hands.

I hadn't been feeling great and I'm not that much fun at best so I sat in the shade and read my book while the other three rented tubes and floated the river.  Emma capsized and scraped her arm and leg up so she joined me after awhile.

Adam and Mark wondered if she wanted to go to the pool and she said no because she thought it would sting all her wounds.  After they left to return the tubes she said, "I hate feeling like the weak link."

I told her there was no way she would ever be a weaker link than I am.

Here's a picture of Adam and Mark in the river:


It was a nice spot and about 10 degrees cooler than Pleasant Grove.

We stopped in Brigham City on the way home for a peach shake to share and we drove around the temple and tabernacle.  It's a pretty little town.

Today is our anniversary!  25 years.  I feel lucky and grateful.  I am happier now than I was then because I didn't even know about Braeden and Emma and Mark.  When I think of myself back then I marvel at the things that awaited that girl.


Hard things and scary things and really really great things were all in store.

I don't think I could have imagined this and how they would change me.


I'm grateful to be by his side.  Forever.




2 comments:

Marianne said...

Congratulations! What a great start that was for a wonderful family!

Stephanie L Johnson said...

oh how I wish you were in Washington this week. stupid wuhan corona!!!

alas, it looks as if your alternate plans were super fun. so hoping that Emma is feeling better

I love the new blue wall and the pretty tile accent

hugs and love

stephanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails