Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2020

How things are going

I genuinely love my class.  They are very cute and eager to learn and I just look around and think, "I'm loving this!"

My online students are super cute too and I'm slowly wrapping my head around what I'm doing with them while attending to my "day job" as well.  

One of them came to the school with his mom yesterday after everyone was gone so we could meet and chat.  He completely stole my heart and I'll just chalk him up to another reason why I want this virus gone.  I want that boy in my class!

The Alpine School District technology is maybe melting from overuse.  So many problems.  I'm grateful for all the smart problem solvers who are...you know...solving problems.  The people who are creating the online content are amazing.  It's some good stuff.

I was very proud of myself and smugly showed Kate that I had created a spreadsheet with multiple pages(!) to track online student work.  It was fancy.  Kate kindly said, "Yeah...you can do it that way..."

Then she showed me on Google classroom the way it is really easy to access and track.

I have a lot to learn.

Including the home life/school life balance.  I just keep telling myself I'm doing better than I did at this time last year.


2 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm sure you're doing great!

Mark Dahl said...

You are doing great, Thelma. I'm glad you are so happy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails