Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Wake me up when it's over

Summer feels like the gift that keeps on punishing.  Summer's date hath all too long a lease.

Saturday afternoon, I went outside and it was hot and dry and windy and the sky was white with smoke from fires in California.

The post apocalyptic feeling was only intensified when I surveyed my zucchini plant that was crawling with aphids.  I felt like I was in a horror movie.  I had Adam unhook the water to the zucchini.  It was the vegetable equivalent of being put down.  

I'm done.

Once school starts, I'm over it.  Can't it just be autumn? I don't want to water my flower pots any more.  It shows.

Last week, one of my students was humming Jingle Bells.  I said, "We should all sing Christmas songs because maybe the weather will get colder."

"Wait," one of them said. "Is it almost Christmas?"

I said no.

But I wish it were.

I miss complaining about the cold.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails