Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Those who can't, teach

 I decided to write my students' name tags for their desks in cursive to give them a model of how to write their name.

Then I started writing and remembered my cursive is not good.  (I remember getting Cs in elementary school in handwriting.)  My cursive is passable on the white board where there aren't lines or exactness, there on paper with a sharpie, not good.

I whipped out my label maker and created a label for each desk instead.  Good enough.

My team was meeting briefly in my classroom between testing appointments.  I told them about my sad efforts and the surrender to the label maker.  I showed them a sample.  Janelle said, "It's not that bad."

Then she paused.  "Well...."

Kate said, "Do you want me to write them?"

I slid the pile of labels and a marker across the table.

I am not proud.

In other news, I loved meeting some of my students.  They were nervous and timidly stared around the room with caution.  Soon, they'll have the run of the place.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails