Pages

Monday, August 10, 2020

Read any good books lately?

School starts next week but for me it starts this week.  So here's an end of summer/end of quarantine/end of Thelma has more time kind of post.  Some of them were just things that were randomly available since I couldn't go to the library, some of them are Newbery winners, some of them are re-reads.

Here's what I have read (since March):

The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett ***

The Other Family by Loretta Nyhan ***

Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan ***

Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah ***

Saints, Vol I  **  (Braeden told me there's lots of polygamy in Vol II so I decided to skip it.  I don't need that stress.)

Far From the Tree by Robin Benway **** (great book--not great language)

The Paris Architect I can't remember who it's by and I didn't like it/didn't finish it

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald ***

The Victory Garden by Rhys Bowen ***

The Giver by Lois Lowry **

Left to Tell by Imacculee Ilibagiza ***

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle ***

The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill ****

I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella ****

Things Fall Apart by China Achebe **

Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray ***

What Matters Most by Louanne Rice ***

Creativity, Inc by Ed Catmull *** 

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier ****

Crispin by Ari ***

Viola in the Spotlight by Adriana Trigiani **

The Writing Thief by Ruth Culham *** (this is a book about teaching writing)

The Help by Katherine Stockett ****

several books about teaching math and one more about teaching writing that I borrowed and returned and don't remember the names of....kind of skimmed them anyway

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I liked "The Giver" a lot more than I liked "Adam of the Road," but it's been a while for both.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails