Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Aquarium

We had a good time.  It was a lot--a lot of noise mostly--but survivable.  The kids were SO excited to be going on a field trip.  They said, over and over, "We haven't been on a field trip since FIRST GRADE."  

It's been awhile.  

We were lined up in the hall, ready to board the bus and an administrator walked by.  She said, "I'm so happy you're going on a field trip!  It feels like life is going back to normal!"

We got all the lunches sorted and I assured kids that I would not be carrying their water bottle or jacket so if they didn't want to carry it, they should leave it in the classroom.  

They chanted "field trip field trip" on the bus but we had a really great bus driver who got on the microphone and started entertaining them.

All the kids had name tags and we divided them amongst the chaperones, five in a group.

This was my crew.  They did a good job of staying together and they loved everything they saw.


Our principal, because he's awesome like that, showed up at the aquarium.  It was a celebrity sighting for the students. I took pictures of Mr. Dawson with my group and another group of my students who we'd come across.



He walked around while we were eating our sack lunches on the grass and told the students that he'd been up early that morning packing the lunches.


Watching coins spin down these circles was every bit as fascinating as the fish, even for the student teachers.  I eventually ran out of nickels though and I wouldn't let them use my quarters.

I'm not a Rockefeller.

I loved it like I love every day I get to be a teacher.  There's joy in being around children, that is all.

2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

I'm glad you all had such a good time. I'm glad that you all love each other so much.

Olivia Cobian said...

My kids are jealous. We used to have membership at that aquarium, but then it got too pricey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails