Pages

Friday, April 9, 2021

Grateful Friday

Yesterday I had a good and long and way overdue conversation with Janet.  We have to work around my school breaks to catch up but I'm grateful every time we do.

She gets it, the whole parenting adult children thing.  We are in this together and it is wonderful to have that in common.  

I also worked with Mark on fixing my desk.  I told him earlier when he wondered what I wanted for a birthday present, that I wanted his help with my desk.  He has all the fearlessness of an 18 year old boy and he also knows how to use power tools.  He's put enough Legos together that he can see how something needs to go.  

Adam was a little skeptical of the entire project because he said we needed to attach all the screws in such a way that they didn't interfere with the holes underneath the desk already (the poor desk has moved enough times that it's had the legs repositioned/changed multiple times).  Mark got a pencil and made marks for the screws.  I said, "Are you eyeballing that or measuring?"

He said, "Eyeballing."

I said, "I like the way you think."

I'm not what you would call a measurer.

One of the legs had the screw in the end loose and wobbly.  My dad said to take it out and fill the hole with with glue. We tried it without doing that, because why do more work than you have to? but we needed to pull it out.  So it's not 100% finished while we let the glue dry but we are well on the way.  

Back 25 years ago when Adam made the table, he wrote his initials on the bottom.  

Yesterday Mark added his.


I'm grateful to have Mark around for my projects.  He's a keeper.

2 comments:

Geri said...

Scott taught me that when you have to reposition a screw and it's loose to shove tooth picks in the hole with glue and let it dry. Then drill your new hole and put the screw in. It works well with repositioning and the old and new hole overlap.

Olivia Cobian said...

Great tip. Geri! Good work, Thelma & Mark!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails