Pages

Monday, April 19, 2021

Not so bad

I can't be something I'm not so I overreact and freak out but eventually settle down.

Being me can be exhausting.

Being a mother can be exhausting.

The other day I told Braeden, "Don't ever become a mother.  It's hard."

He said, "OK.  I promise I won't."

Saturday, Braeden wondered if he could show his zoom presentation to us that he had prepared for a political science conference in Chicago that he would have presented at in person if not for Covid.

I pulled Adam away from repairing the washing machine (Adam has turned into a repairman sensation and I feel like I'm the weak link in this marriage) and we watched Braeden.  The presentation was about the link between populism and polarization.  

Adam told him actual helpful things and asked good questions.  I told him he was handsome and smart.  I'm his mother so I'll always think that.


Braces and I'm looking a little ill in the oh so flattering light of Small World.  Doesn't matter.  I had my boy close by.

We celebrated our girl Anna's birthday on Sunday.  Her parents are visiting from Virginia so we all met at Kiwanis Park in Provo for cake and ice cream.

Mark and Owen valiantly tried to light the candles in the breeze.

Isn't she the cutest?


They both are.


It's not so bad to be a mother.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm glad dear Anna was well-celebrated!

Mark Dahl said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. We're so thankful we have Anna in the family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails