Pages

Monday, April 26, 2021

Happy days

 It was a busy weekend.

Friday we celebrated our graduates.   I made cupcakes and Geri tied pirouette cookies with ribbons to look like diplomas.

It was small scale but we had a theme and we were running with it.



My parents and my grandma and the Carlsons came to celebrate with us.  

We watched the virtual convocation.  


Heather, my former laurel and Emma's roommate spoke because she was the valedictorian of the political science college (yay Heather!). 

They scrolled through pictures and names of graduates and neither Braeden nor Anna were listed!  

Braeden logged into his account to make sure he had graduated.

They graduated.  So they tossed their caps in the air.

We had a lovely time eating lunch and visiting.  We took a few pictures.

My sweet grandma will be 94 next month!  Every time I see her feels like a gift.

My parents don't look all that happy in this picture, but they were happy.  I think there were too many phones and it was hard to know who to smile for.

Here are the two grandmas who graduated from BYU 50 years ago this spring (both in accounting).

Anna went to Les Miserables with a former roommate so we babysat Braeden.  Anna said not to give him too much sugar.

It was nice to have Braeden with us but weird without Anna.  We watched part of the Mariners' game and then we all went out for pizza.  Braeden and Emma and Mark sat at one end of the table and were engrossed in their conversation, which I love.

Saturday was moving day for Emma.  Geri and I went early to help her pack.  Adam joined us and we filled two vans with her stuff.  (How and why?)  We left her with Heather to clean.  

Emma came later, exhausted but happy to be home.  We're happy to have her.  She still has a few classes this spring before she graduates but her apartment contract was up and we're glad she's back.

Sunday was a busy day of meetings and the like.  I played a few hands of Phase 10 with the group but then I stopped because I can only handle so much of a slow moving card game.

This morning it's back to real life on a rainy Monday.

But I don't have recess duty, so there are silver linings everywhere.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Congratulations to those graduates!

Olivia Cobian said...

What a lovely celebration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails