Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Choosing

I'm trying to ignore things like my anxiety over end of year testing.  Ever since mid March, I'm back to being a first year teacher.  I feel intimidated by the binder of rules for proctoring a test.  I can't even follow recipes accurately.  You would never catch me reading the rules of a game.  Just someone tell me.

I hate reading directions.

Mostly though, I'm nervous about how my students will do.  I've been trying to review and for some of them, their retention is about 5 minutes.  If that.

Yikes.

Here are some things to think about instead of that.  I'll choose to think on good things instead.

I wore sandals to school yesterday.  Sandals!  My feet, admittedly, were a little cold for the first part of the day but they warmed up and I'm ready for sandal weather.  Down with socks.

Also birds were merrily singing as I walked across the parking lot to school and since I was early for school, I got some stuff done.

It felt lovely.

In my extra time before school, I was making copies on the new copy machine (Beyoncé).  I figured out how to not only do 2 sided copies, but 2 sided stapled copies.

Seriously.

It went straight to my head.

During writing time, they corrected sentences that needed capitalization and punctuation.  Then I had them write a list of what they wanted to do in the summer.

My tiniest student who is all sass with a little bit of spunk on top, wrote, "Stress eat."

It cracked me up, which is what she was going for.

How important are standardized tests anyway?


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails