Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2021

A change is as good as a rest

I think the best way to describe it is that I've been puttering.  And mothering.  I met with Emma to help her unravel her to do list a little.  I did some online USU orientation with Mark; I recorded relevant dates for housing sign ups and class registration in my planner.  

Then I've just puttered around the house.  

I arranged the Easter flowers on the table.  



I cleaned the kitchen and did some laundry.  I painted some chairs.



I didn't take a before shot.  They were sort of faded black and a little rusty in spots.

Every time I walked by, I admired my new artwork that I bought with my birthday money.


I went to the grocery store and then Trader Joe's because I wanted some good strawberries.  I had a phone conversation with my mom, catching up on all the things and with my dad, in Home Depot, talking over how to raise/repair my desk.

Emboldened by his advice, I was able to have the surly guy in the lumber department cut some boards for me.

There are a few things I haven't done.  I haven't opened a few work emails in my inbox.  I have firmly put it out of my mind.  I am enjoying a break.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love your birthday gift. Sounds like a well-deserved and lovely break!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails