Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2021

I'm not crazy

 We're having some landscaping done (perfect timing too because we want to soften the view between us and the behemoth house about to be built next to us).

A few days ago, we met with the landscaper.  We walked around the yard and talked about what we wanted.

I was happy about it all.  Yes, yes and yes.  Rip it out, replace it, improve it.

Until we got to the front yard.

I have an ever growing mound of volunteer marigolds.  It gets bigger every year to my utter delight.  I love marigolds.  I love that they come back every year all on their own.

I said, "Don't do anything in this flower bed."

"Not even bark?"

"No."  

I don't want to mess with a good thing, plus I'm allergic to the bark and it gives me hives on my arms when I weed and that's the flower bed I mostly dig about (because it's my favorite).

He looked at me like maybe I was a little crazy.

Then I said, "And don't pull this out."  I indicated the anemic single thorny stick with zero leaves that I'm hoping will become a yellow rose bush.  Olivia gave it to me and it's originally from my grandparents' house.  I want a yellow rose bush!  If my hopes and dreams can make it happen, it will be something of a miracle.  The thing looks kind of dead.

"Don't pull it out," I reiterated.

And I'm not crazy.

Although I did consider creating a sign to post next to it.

Maybe I'm a little crazy.


2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love that you love marigolds. They always remind me of you.

Olivia Cobian said...

Ditto. You're the marigold girl. Also, I don't want to disappoint you, but my yellow roses already have leaves. I don't think yours is going to make it. I will give you more. Let the landscaper pull it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails