Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Friday is trivia day

I'm trying to hold down the fort but I have A LOT of absent students and I have had for a few weeks.  Not the same students, mind you, just a rotating roster of absent students.  I've lost track of who was absent when we learned what.

I have a student whose birthday is on Sunday and next week is Spring Break.  I asked her if she would like to celebrate her birthday on Friday.

She laughed at me and said, "I won't be here Friday!"

Like I was the goofball thinking she would.

Another student is convinced that our field trip (which is April 20, you can ask each permission slip that went home.  It is April 20.  I promise.) is this Friday.  Her mom told her it was.  It doesn't matter how many times I say it is April 20.  Her mom said.

Another student said he would be gone Friday.  Going to Idaho.  He said, "So are we going to be learning anything important on Friday?"

Sometimes I don't know what to say.  I really don't.  In my naive mind, it is all important.  I've decided on a solution though:  Friday is trivia day.  

It will be What did Jack and Jill go up the hill to fetch? and What color is an emerald? all day long.  Things like that.

Nothing important.


2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

I think you should have a free day Friday in honor of my birthday.

Olivia Cobian said...

I think every Friday should be free. I love 4-day school! Trivia Day is fun too though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails