Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Naturally

Happiness is listening to Mark chat with Emma and Braeden and Owen while they all play Minecraft virtually together in the world that Mark created.  Mark having created a world feels like it's on brand for him. That one likes to build and he likes to be large and in charge.

It comes naturally to him.

There are a lot of parts of teaching that come naturally to me.  I am pretty good at organizing and planning.  I am a good explainer.  I have no problem finding good books to read or recommend.  I am great at tying shoes and applying bandaids. Loving them comes pretty easily too.  I have honed my mom voice which does a fine job of stopping recalcitrant students in their tracks.  

Here is what does NOT come naturally:  learning the dance for the dance festival so I can then teach them the dance for the dance festival.  There is a reason they have our boys dance in the back row when they are in musicals and they don't get it from Adam.  Now I'm teaching a dance?

How did I get here?!?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails