Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Long weekend

Sunday was a different kind of day.  For one thing, Adam came to church with me.  President Porter came to our ward and Adam goes where he goes.  We keep finding out people that don't know about his new calling.  I wonder what they think happened because one week he got released from the bishopric and then he hardly ever comes to church with me.  Maybe they think he rage quit when he got released?  I was happy to sit next to him though.

Also, none of our college kids were coming so as Emma put it, we were just going to vibe.  We bought super simple to prepare food and planned to just do nothing all afternoon and evening once our church responsibilities were over.

Then I got the idea to check on the temple progress.  Emma didn't want to, but Adam and I drove to Saratoga Springs and we drove by the Orem temple to check things out.  I still don't take it for granted how many temples surround us. (Because besides those two, we saw three others just as we drove!)

We got home and played Farkle and Bananagrams and it was restful and restorative to just be.  Also, great to know I didn't have to get up early the next morning for school.

Saturday we worked all day so we'd have Monday to have fun but our plans fizzled.  Instead, we did a bunch of random stuff.  One highlight for me was when Janelle texted me that Hobby Lobby had all their classroom stuff 90% off.

I texted her a triumphant picture of my purchases.  I spent $7.26!


It was exciting.

We went to Olive Garden with the Porters.  It is good to have friends like them.  We always have a lot to talk about and we share a lot of similar experiences.  Nola already knew our happy grandparent news but Dave didn't.  His genuine joy and excitement at the news reiterated what everyone in the grandparent club has already told us:  it is going to be great!  We had an early enough dinner that we could sit on the deck with Emma when we got home.  She took a picture of the sky with my phone.  I said, "The picture won't do it justice."

She said, "I know."

The pictures never do the sky justice and I'm glad.  Our eyes are better than pixels.  The picture is still pretty though.





1 comment:

Edgar Cobian said...

Well put--eyes are better than pixels!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails