Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

There's sick and then there's sick

Yesterday Emily came to talk to me about one the students we share who went home early because they were sick.

She doubted they were actually sick.  She said their mom was home from work and the student knew the mom was a softie.

I said I was that mom.  Our kids always knew to ask me rather than Adam about staying home.  (I think I got it from my dad.  When I was a kid and wanted to stay home from school he would say, "I think you'd better stay home with me and let the other kids catch up.")

Emily said, "We never stayed home unless we were actually sick because the chore list was long if we weren't sick."

Then she added, "My mom was a teacher."

Maybe she meant her mom was working because I can see that would make a huge difference in letting your kids stay home, but it seemed like she said it because a teacher doesn't put up with nonsense.

I nodded like that made sense and then I realized later, wait.  I'm a teacher....



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails