Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Piano and pineapple


Fires and hurricanes and floods and a pandemic that won't quit and horrors in the news.  And then I talked to my mom and there was an earthquake there on Tuesday.

It's a lot.

At school I have crying students every day.  Mark pointed out that that is a clear indication of how hard the world is right now.

I never thought of it that way, but I don't ever know what is happening at their homes and what stories they are being told.  The world is hard.



On the other hand, the Church keeps building temples so I guess we're not done yet.

Last night Emma was playing the piano and singing and everything felt like, for that moment at least, a pretty perfect place.

I love when she sits at the piano and fills the house with her beautiful music.

Adam was gone for the third night in a row (the first was for work and then the next two were for church). I walked by Emma playing the piano and asked her if she wanted dinner.

She said yes.  Then she said, "But it sounds like you don't.  So if that is the case, then no."

I said, "I don't really know what I feel like."

She said, "We can have nachos?"

I pulled out a bag of chips and a bag of grated cheese.  It felt like the right amount of dinner prep.  Then I got really fancy and sliced up a pineapple.  It made a satisfactory dinner. 

Emma and I discussed the fact that freshly sliced anything is better than if it's been sitting awhile and why is fresh pineapple so superior to canned? (Emma said if she eats it with her gremlin hands instead of a utensil it is even better.  I asked her why gremlin hands and she just shrugged.  She's always had vivid language.) 

I have told Emma before she's never moving out again.

She acts like she doesn't believe me.






1 comment:

Geri said...

Keep your old menus about because these are the days when you start to forget how to cook a regular meal. I need to apologize to Les and Kate for thinking it was strange they knew the waitresses by name. I rather hear music by Emma than Alexa any day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails