Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Back to school, again

Braeden starting a PhD program is a little head spinning to me.  I can take very little credit for the smart brain that kid naturally possesses but I did teach him to read.  Of everything large and small I have accomplished in life, teaching three little people to read is high on my list.  

He texted this picture yesterday:


Emma commented on the quality of light and said it looked like a Baroque painting.  She said it had a Vermeer quality about it.

I didn't know Vermeer was Baroque.

Emma explained to me the difference between northern Baroque and southern Baroque.

My kids are grown up and know more than me.  That is all.

Because I could, I found this picture of Braeden ten years ago on his first day of high school.



I love Emma's outrageous bedhead and I love the fact that she was up to see him off in her pajamas that used to be one of Adam's referee shirts (Braeden had 6:00 seminary and that was probably the only time she was up that year to see him off).  I love the way he is entertaining her.

That look of joy they are sharing?  That pretty much sums up their relationship.





4 comments:

Marianne said...

Woohoo, Braeden!

Geri said...

Button down shirt and no drama pose, this must be serious. 👍

Mark Dahl said...

We're so happy for Braeden. Your mom

Olivia Cobian said...

Braeden was such a cute little high schooler and he's a darling doctorate student! I love your kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails