Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Cared for

Yesterday Mark found out that he does indeed have celiac disease.  I talked to him during lunch.  I felt sad.

Mark texted the news to our family chat group and everyone immediately sent him back love and Braeden additionally texted me.



Then he asked if I wanted to talk and I said yes and we chatted for a few minutes.

Ever since he was a toddler that kid has been taking care of me.  He always has a sense about my mood and can always make me feel better.

Adam and Emma both texted me later that they had talked to Mark and that he seemed OK.  I think he just needed to process at first and then he regained his usual stoicism.

Even though we're scattered, I love feeling the warmth and safety net of family.

***

Yesterday after school ten teachers showed up in the third grade hall.  Everyone grabbed desks and moved them and asked, "How can I help?"

Everyone especially turned their attention to Miriam.  Everyone told her, "You've got this!" and "You're room looks so good!" and "Those kids are so lucky!"

Warm safety nets abound in the world.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm so sorry! Poor Mark. Seems so unfair. I love him and you and his stoicism.

Olivia Cobian said...

So sad for Mark, & so glad for his safety net of a rockstar family. He is strong!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails