Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2021

18 is still a teenager

Medically, kids are a pain once they turn 18.  You still worry about them the same amount and you still pay for their healthcare the same amount, but no one will tell you anything.

Because FERPA or HEPA.  I don't know.  One of those acronyms.  Maybe both.

Mark's roommate tested positive for Covid.  Mark has both been vaccinated + he's had Covid, but he had symptoms so he had to be tested and he had to quarantine.  

I talked to him on my way home from school.  They were going to deliver him food from the cafeteria but didn't deliver him lunch.  He was kind of cranky.  I just wanted  it to be a cold, especially since he's been vaccinated and has had Covid.  I want the world to make sense.  

After I was home awhile, my phone rang and the number was listed as USU Covid Case.  I answered.  She said, "Mark?"

I said, "I'm his mom."

She said, "Oh, well I can't tell you anything....I need to talk to him."

I said, "Well then you will need to call him, not me."

I made sure she had the correct number.  (Mark said he put his number on the form he filled out, but these things happen.)

I texted Mark about it.

He didn't answer me.

I texted him again.


He's maddening (like the teenager he is) and I'm impatient and harpy (like the mom that I am).

At least we know our roles.

Later he sent this:


So this all has a happy ending.  Except I'm still impatient and harpy.

When you know, you know.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails