Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

My grandparents

A few days ago, Braeden sent some snippets from my Grandpa Dahl's life story.  First of all, I'm so glad that we have the life stories of all my grandparents and I'm very grateful to my mom for her hand in making that happen.

The stories are a blessing in our lives.

I love this:



Margaret is my Grandma Dahl and Homer is my Grandpa Jaynes.  I love that they knew each other and I love that my grandpa was mindful of my grandma.  Grandpa Jaynes died before I could remember him and each little story I hear about him is a treasure.  It pieces together a picture of what he was like.

I look forward to meeting him again some day.

Braeden also sent this:


I do have a lot memories of both my dear Grandma and Grandpa Dahl.  I know enough to know that my grandpa did try to be a good man and I saw evidence in the way they lived their lives that they loved their Heavenly Father.

Their goodness propelled them along during hard and good times.

I'm grateful for the legacy of all my grandparents and grateful we have records so my children can know too.

I agree with my grandpa:  sometimes our blessings are so abundant that we can't quite comprehend them.

Four of my incomprehensible blessings are Harvey and Margaret Dahl and Homer and Thelma Jaynes.

3 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

I love this post, Thelma. Your mom

Clarissa Johnson said...

Also this made me cry. I wonder where I get these crying genes...

Hannah Stevenson said...

Thanks for sharing this. I need to go and reread his history. Love you Thelma ❤️

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails