Pages

Monday, October 4, 2021

Weekend

Oh how lovely was the weekend!

I love General Conference and I love autumn so the first weekend in October is about perfect.


Adam took this picture and I was wise enough to scoot back and not be in it.  Emma and I were sharing the table.  I was working on the Christmas ornaments I make every year for my students.  I spell their names in Scrabble tiles on red ribbons.  I hang them on our little classroom tree and then they take them home at Christmas time.  I'm glad that I didn't have to make 35....

We enjoyed watching conference together and we enjoyed talking to Braeden and Anna and Mark too.

After the Saturday evening session of conference, we had s'mores at our new fire pit.  It actually works now!  


Does it seem like the flame is on one side of the fire pit?  Yes, yes it does.

When we texted our kids about it, Braeden called it a conference miracle.  Maybe it was a conference miracle, but also our landscapers had to come several times and troubleshoot and Adam had to send 10 million texts to make that happen and I drove Adam crazy asking if he'd sent the texts.

(He refused to give me the contact information to send the texts myself because he thought I would have "a tone."  Hmph.)

Speaking of texts, I texted this to my siblings on Saturday:



All summer whenever I was with my mom, preparing strawberries, she told me I should get that tool.

In our family with three girls and then three boys, it's like we have two sets of siblings.  The two oldest children had to make it about them:





And then you can see above and below that the two youngest children had to be cheeky.


As for my fellow middle child, I got no solidarity.  Tabor was probably out on a horse somewhere when I needed him most.

Sunday morning, Adam and I went for a drive while we listened to the Sunday morning session of conference.  We decided it will be a new tradition.  It was gorgeous out and we enjoyed the view and listening to conference.

Emma said she would listen better at home because she zones out in the car.

She said, "Then it will be romantic for you two."


We held hands most of the way and Adam didn't notice me taking this picture because he had his eyes on the road like you do in a canyon.

We went to the Salt Lake Valley and drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon, over the mountain to Heber Valley, (which is getting a new temple!) and back home through Provo Canyon.

I think these pictures are pretty and they were taken out the window while we drove so you can imagine how lovely it was in real life.









When we got home we watched the afternoon session with Emma and cooked dinner and had just the kind of relaxing Sunday I have been needing.

Can we have October General Conference every weekend?  Can that be a thing?

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Gorgeous pictures! I LOVE Emma's lovely hair in the first photo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails