Pages

Friday, October 8, 2021

Grateful Friday

This week was Parent Teacher Conferences and I'm really grateful they are over.  They are exhausting.  I had to do all 35 students too....

There are good things about conferences too though.  I like meeting the parents and I love the way the students proudly show their desks.  If younger siblings come, they show them the library too.  It makes me happy.

I love the earnest way some of the parents ask me what they can do at home to help.  I love when parents are taken back by compliments directed at their children.  I love when they say, "Wow!" or "Good job!" and the student smiles at them shyly.

I bought some books at the book fair that happens during Parent Teacher Conferences.

I'm grateful I can buy books for my classroom.

I'm grateful for the dinner the PTA provided for the teachers.

I'm grateful for my friends to laugh with over dinner.  They are my people.

Yesterday was not without its excitement.  You can always be grateful for excitement at an elementary school.

This was outside the classroom in the morning and it caused a stir.  I took a picture with my foot for reference.


I wouldn't let them bring it inside to be the class pet although they wanted to.

We had rain so it was worm city and third graders do enjoy worms.  Especially the "fat juicy ones."


I also said no to it as a pet.

(I think what it comes down to is that I'm not much fun.)

Speaking of the wild animal kingdom, Emma had left this note for me when I got home last night.


If you ever need to leave someone a dramatic note, ask Emma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails