Pages

Monday, October 11, 2021

Weekends are the best of fall

Friday night we had dinner at Waffle Love.  What is not to love?

Saturday we watched Isaiah play basketball at American Fork High School.  It was raining and had been raining and we desperately need all the rain we can get but maybe American Fork High School has enjoyed the drought because one gym was closed because the roof was leaking and in the gym where we were the roof was leaking a little because every once in a while a drop of water would fall and me and startle me.  Every time.

I startle easy.

I loved sitting with Jennifer and Savannah and Luke and Boston to watch the game.  Isaiah was throwing the ball in nearby and Boston was losing his mind with excitement of having his brother so close.  He was cheering "Go go Saiah!"   How could you not do your best with that kind of cheering section?

We had lunch with them (Adam tried out a gluten free pizza--we are auditioning gluten free options) and I was grateful for an opportunity to visit and catch up a little.

After the marathon that is our Sundays (After our church where I taught Relief Society, I went to the rest home for sacrament meeting there.  I had ministering interviews and then a presidency meeting.  Adam was busy that whole time too with his own stuff.), we had Lili and her roommate Katie and Liberty and her boyfriend Nikki over for dinner.  It is always nice to have them over.  We sat around the fire pit a little and caught up on all the news.

I enjoyed talking to Braeden and Anna and Mark.  Sometimes I look at their faces on the screen and I just want to say, "OK, it's been long enough.  Just come home now."  I miss those kids.

Otherwise, I moved in my plants and we turned on the heat. 

We pack in a similar amount of busyness and goodness where we can but time continues its march.  The season is changing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails