Pages

Monday, October 18, 2021

Right in the heart of the golden west

Gluten free report:  

Mark liked the bread I baked and everyone liked the dessert.  The pizza at MOD was good except it had a lot more carbs than the regular crust which Mark wasn't expecting until his monitor let him know.  We are on a learning curve here....

We weren't prepared for road trip options.  Here's a takeaway:  the sushi at Pilot's in Wendover isn't a good choice.

(Why would anyone buy sushi at a gas station in Wendover?  I don't know, but I doubt Mark will do it again.)

Chubby's gluten free bun was OK, Culver's was good.  The cookies and snacks we bought were pretty good.

We went to Nevada and it was lovely.  It always is. 

They always have a Fall Party and this was our first time attending.  We ate delicious soups and breads, we played games (including but not limited to writing haikus), we watched Desi and Liberty and Lili perform a Polynesian dance (they are taking a class together from BYU).

Here is a picture I took from Olivia's blog.  Carolina and I are modeling some of the prizes.

We're nothing if not fancy.


We also walked over to my grandparents' house.

Someone took this picture and I also got it from Olivia's blog.  I correctly predicted I would look derpy and my nieces all chorused that I looked beautiful.  What's not to love about those girls?


I dearly love being with my sisters.

Adam took some pictures and rightly commented that Starr Valley had been touched with gold.





After church, we drove back an alternate way to Logan.  It occurred to me to be worried about bathroom stops because we were going on a very remote road.  Marianne said, "We are basically the same person and it was no problem."

Emma agreed that we are the same person, just in different fonts.

And it was true.  The trip was nice and there was nothing to block the view.  Seriously.  Nothing.

We took Mark back to Logan and my heart dies a little each time we leave him there.

Today I'm back at school (the kids aren't, but the teachers will be developing professionally).

I love fall break.  



1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Gorgeous pictures! I loved being with you this weekend so much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails