Pages

Friday, October 22, 2021

Grateful Friday

I love these bushes:


Every fall I am delighted by how bright red they are.  Every not fall I forget about them so it's a happy surprise.

Speaking of surprises, I woke up yesterday morning to A LOT of text messages in our family group chat.  They were all from Adam, Mark and Braeden and all about Star Wars.

Emma summed it up:


My dad and brother talked in John Wayne quotes.  I guess that's just how things go.

Also, Emma texted me this picture and I love it.  Adam and Emma went to the Jazz game and I would have gone too except I turn into a pumpkin at 9:00 and no one wanted a cranky pumpkin on their hands.


The Jazz were playing the Oklahoma City Thunder which used to be the Seattle Supersonics.  Adam's not bitter about his team leaving Seattle.  He's over it.  (Maybe not all the way over it.)

They were glad the Jazz won.

Yesterday I had a sub.  In the morning I had a leadership meeting and no one was picking up the half day sub job.  Jami said to put in for an all day sub and have the sub stay and help me in the afternoon.  The job was immediately picked up for all day.  In the afternoon I had vocabulary (didn't need help), prep time (didn't need help) and writing (didn't need help), so I took a half day personal day and went home and worked on my LETRS training, which was nice. (The training isn't that nice but having some time to devote to it was.)

Also, during the leadership meeting we were talking about Halloween parties and how several room parents are room parents in multiple classes so we need to stagger our parties throughout the day.  

I can't stop thinking about those parents.  

At church there are the STP, the same ten people who do everything.

It's the same at school.

(And those people are probably the STP at both church and school.)

Some people are just awesome.  That is all. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails