Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The return of Dreamer, Box and Dan

I renamed the skeletons.  They are now Dreamer, Box and Dan.  Tomorrow morning, the students will see them peeking over the hooks when they hang up their backpacks.


Years ago, Adam gave our kids the names of Dreamer, Box and Dan.  He said Emma was Dreamer and the boys were Box and Dan.  It bugged Braeden, who is always laid back and cheerful except for a few random times like being called Box and Dan indiscriminately.  He would say, "Why Box and Dan?" or "Which one am I, Box or Dan?"

Adam gave no reason for the names and never said who was Box and who was Dan.  The collective is just Dreamer, Box and Dan.

It works for the skeletons too.

In other news, I was telling my students about me being a grandma soon and they were excited on my behalf.  I had told a few of them earlier and one said, "What?  You're not already a grandma?"

Other times, they are shocked that I am older than their parents.  They have a sketchy concept of age.  

Yesterday, I said, "I have bought one gift for the baby."

One of them said, "Are you going to be that kind of grandma?  That spoils them with gifts?"

Honestly? Probably.

I had them guess the gift.  They had some good guesses, like a teddy bear, a goat, or diapers.  I said, "What kinds of gifts do teachers give?"

Immediately they said, "Books."

Yep.

I felt seen and understood.

(And also I should probably get a goat for the baby.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails