Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Fall Break!

Yesterday we had a minimal day and the students left at 11:30.  Before they left, a few of them started writing on my whiteboard and then a lot of them got on that bandwagon.


This was my favorite note:


I stayed at the school and work, work, worked.

Janelle and I scored math Acadience tests with Jamie.  It took forever and I thought it would be fast.  Jamie softened the blow by bringing me her favorite Swig because she wanted me to try it.


I think there are 6 love languages and Swig is a category unto itself.

After all that was done, I pulled out a few Halloween decorations for my classroom.  I hate Halloween but I love third graders, so I decorated.

I got these three skeletons and Janelle said I should do an Elf on a Shelf type situation and put them in a different spot every morning.

She said I should name them so I opted for Braeden, Emma and Mark.  I gave them leg bands with their first initial.



Is that weird to name skeletons after your children?

Not any weirder than decorating with skeletons in the first place....

I also bought a bunch of bats so I hung them up all over the room.




The best part of Fall Break is that Mark is home!  We were going to go get him today but his classes were canceled so Adam went yesterday afternoon and got him.  

Today we're sampling gluten free everything.  The sky is the limit.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

This makes me so happy. I can't wait to see you!

Olivia Cobian said...

Why is the Braeden skeleton the short one? I can't wait to see you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails