Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Yesterday

Yesterday I:

...forgot my keys.  Tyler, who is a 6th grade teacher, also forgot his.  We stood outside the school, perplexed, and then the custodian saw us and came to our rescue.  It's hard to recover from school vacations and get back into your routine. I texted Adam that I'd left my keys in his car so he could help me remember them. He brought them to me on his way to work.  I was in the work room with my team, assessing and organizing our STEAM cart so I missed him but he left them on my desk like the knight in shining armor he is.

...zipped my team through several tasks--we are a lean efficient machine.  (Although sometimes we get super distracted....)

...had lunch at Zupa's with my friends.  We pull Kate into our third grade team group whenever we can.  I loved hearing all about her honeymoon in Boston.  

...got lots done in my classroom--including filing which is always the worst.

...drove home in the pouring rain.  There were small rivers in the gutters rushing down the hill as I was driving up the hill towards home.

...I listened to my audio book while I drove, which is stressing me out (The Girls in the Stilt House by Kelly Mustian).  It's good, but it's stressful.  

...talked to Braeden on the phone while I started the laundry and straightened up some things.

...realized when Adam called on his way home that we didn't have a good dinner idea because we plan/shop on Saturday and this weekend we were in Nevada.  He said, "I'll pick something up."

And that was the best idea I'd heard all day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails