Pages

Friday, October 1, 2021

Grateful Friday

I am grateful for a smaller class.  I'll never complain about anything again for as long as I live.  (That's not true.)

But I am grateful!

It turns out the difference between 35 students and 23 students feels like I went on vacation.  It feels like wait, I can actually do this!

It feels like teaching instead of the old woman who lived in the shoe and had so many children she didn't know what to do.

And also you can walk in my classroom without tripping on children.  I brought back the rug!


While I was in a restructuring the classroom mood, I redid my library.  I had sort of redone it last weekend, but I wasn't happy with it.  I had all these mismatched bins and it looked like chaos and I'm SO DONE with chaos at school.

I decided to marshal the bins into rainbow order.  I didn't have any bins that were orange, but our reading books are orange so I roped them into service.


Jamie came in my room when I was in the middle of the mess.  I said, "The heart wants what the heart wants."

She said, "We are kindred spirits."

And it's true.  We both love Dansko shoes and IKEA, Trader Joe's and pretty things.  She fully supported my rainbow ambition.

***

Another thing to be grateful about is this.  Mark texted last night that his roommate (the one who also has diabetes) brought him this:


I want to tell that boy's parents that they did a good job raising a kind son.

***

Finally, I am grateful for General Conference weekend.  It is my absolute favorite weekend.  I am looking forward to listening to the good word of God.

3 comments:

Geri said...

So glad Mark's friends have good hearts. The Rainbow shelves and rugs make your room so inviting. Lucky students.

Marianne said...

Your room is beautiful and Mark's nice friend made me cry.

Mark Dahl said...

Your room is just like going to the Knudsens. Everything matches. So glad Mark's friend brought him those cookies. Love you all. your mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails