Pages

Friday, October 29, 2021

Grateful Friday

Today we are celebrating Halloween at school.

May the odds be forever in our favor.

I'm prepared for a tiring day.  You can't put that many amped up children in a space and expect anything different.  

Every year, my costume is more comfortable than the last year.  No use getting older if you don't get smarter.  I'm grateful for that.

Yesterday Janelle and I had training to do and decided to do it at my house.  A second grade teacher, Madi,  was doing it too so she came over also.  It was nice to be in a more relaxed space.  The training was over zoom and it was nice to have Madi there for that.  She's a BYU intern so she has lots of experience with zoom.  I kept having her show me how to navigate.  (Is it possible to do other work on your computer while still being in the zoom meeting?  Yes.  Yes it is.)

We went to MOD for lunch.

What's not to be grateful about that?

After they left, I went out to pull the garbage can up from the street and it was such a lovely day and it was still early and I didn't have the energy sapped out of me from third graders.  I texted Nola and we went on a walk.   I am grateful for this beautiful world, sprinkled with autumnal colors.  You can't beat a sunny fall day with perfect temperatures.  

Nola and I chatted about school.  She told me how things had gone with my sub.  I told her to prepare herself for today.  I said, "I have learned elementary teachers don't go halfway with Halloween costumes."

Then this morning I saw this, from Jamie (I don't know if you can see her message, but she said "prepare to bow and exalt."


I'm looking forward to seeing all their costumes.

Am I weirdly, uncharacteristically, starting to like Halloween?

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm liking Halloween a little more right now too--my boys decorated our trunk for the church trunk or treat and we aren't even going trick or treating otherwise. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails