Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

Grateful Friday

 How Mom and Mark time went:

  • He didn't wake up until 11:15.
  • He was impatient to go shopping while I was talking to Marianne on the phone so I sent him inside with my list.
  • When I was done with the call, this happened:
  • He was talking into his watch, but I thought "I'll six" was some kind of lingo for I'll circle back around.  I don't know.  I try to keep up.
  • Mark didn't want to push the cart.  
  • I argued, "You're dad always pushes the cart."
  • He said, "You're the adult."
  • He's 19, so we are both adults, but I pushed the cart and he hurried around the store grabbing the wrong things and then I sent him back for the right thing.  Repeat repeat repeat.
  • He had an existential crisis about tomato sauce being different than marinara sauce.  "But they are both sauce and they both have tomatoes."  I know, Mark.  Everything is going to be OK.
  • He evaporated when it was time to load food into the grocery bags and I didn't have Adam's skills and it felt like when Mark was a baby and Adam was traveling and I had to be in charge of him during church and I didn't know how.


I still enjoyed Mom and Mark day.  I always will.

Other things I'm grateful for today:


The Beautiful Snow


The view right now out my office window

I love the tree in the dim morning light.  One last glamor shot of the tree before we take it down tomorrow....


Celebrating with My People

Adam and Emma are home from work today and we have a final bit of time before everyone is back to work/school/life as we know it.  Mark and I stocked up on delicious treats and we've got nothing to do and all day to get there.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Sounds wonderful! (The no where to go and all day to get there)

Anonymous said...

Ammon saw the picture of your tree. He was impressed and asked "Where is that?"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails