Pages

Friday, December 17, 2021

Grateful Friday

Yesterday we had the Christmas Sing:  two performances for parents.  We would have had the dress rehearsal/performance for the school on Wednesday, but we didn't go to school.

So it was a little dicey and I gave the wrong cue to one of the peppermint holders in the morning performance, but we made it.

Between the snow and the performances and, you know, Christmas, the kids were amped up.  I don't see how they can be any more excited today.  I hope it will go around the horn and they'll max out excited and be calm....

A girl can dream.

I didn't tell them what was in the gift bags, but I explained they weren't from me.  I told them another school had given them to our school.

"To every third grader?"

"To every student."

"But why would anyone do that?"

I said, "It's Christmas.  And it was very kind, wasn't it?"

One of my students, who is almost always unhappy bordering on angry said, "I don't know why, but I feel really...joyful...right now."

I sent them home with the bags and they were giddy wondering what could be inside.

I didn't go away empty handed.

I admire the covering all the bases spelling of miss/mrs

Nola told me that a few years ago, she got a $300 Kate Spade purse at Dave's company Christmas party.  She doesn't even work there, but the spouses got that level of fancy gifts.

I survey the scene at school and I see children who delight me.  I see a little joy I can share.  I read A Wish for Wings that Work and they loved it, like my own children did.

I don't need a $300 Kate Spade purse.  I got the better end of the deal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails