Pages

Friday, December 24, 2021

Grateful Friday

 Last night we went to the Jazz game.  They are so fun!  We are minimally invested in the outcome of the game (although Adam lost his mind at one point when there was a dramatic one handed dunk).  We mostly like the spectacle of it all--and the delicious food.  There's a WGU table in a suite.  The table overlooks the game and there's a buffet and a waitress bringing you drinks and what's not to love?


We talk about things like how Rudy Gobert compares to the height of regular people and how Jordan Clarkson definitely has a Jack Sparrow vibe.  

I like these people.


And I'm grateful for time with them.


(It was starting to rain after the game and when I chided Mark for only wearing a sweatshirt, he said, "I'm not made of brown sugar."  That, my friends, is a boy born and raised in the PNW.)

What I'm most grateful for on this Christmas Eve is the birth of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for all the many many ways that makes a difference in my life.

As I've been studying the document, The Living Christ, this week, I was thinking about what His appearances after His resurrection revealed about Christ.  

I love the patience He has for Thomas when he is doubting.  Christ is not put off by our weaknesses.

I have loved, since I was a little girl, the way Christ interacted with children when He visited the Americas.  Of that visit, President Boyd K. Packer said  “In the account of the Savior’s ministry among the Nephites, we can see deeper into His soul perhaps than at any other place.”

He loves us, that is clear. 

God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.



4 comments:

Jen Dahl said...

The Jazz game looks like such a fun time together, free of much of the stress I was experiencing that day! You have it figured out! I also loved the brown sugar comment.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair in that second photo (although I'm sure it's nice in the first photo too). That's a really good picture of you!

Anonymous said...

PS: This is Olivia.

Marianne said...

Emma looks so very beautiful in the picture at the game and I love all of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails