Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Snow day

Yesterday was a snow day at home learning day.  That, my friends, is a gift of the pandemic.  We no longer have snow days we have to make up.  We have at home learning days.  Everyone dusted off their online school skills.

My team and I sent a flurry of texts and emails to each other.  We share a brain even when it's virtual and I'm grateful.  We all bring something to the collective table.  We had to have our assignments to the students by 9:00 AM.  I let the parents know that I was available all day for questions, but I only had one person take me up on it.  (We'll pretend it's because we did such a stellar job sending out clear instructions and easy to follow assignments...)  In late morning, I drove to the school.  I planned ahead (my favorite!) and did some of my training and a little filing and I lined up the gift bags on a high shelf for the pajama give away.  

It was a nice day and I loved the hours to get stuff done.

I do miss the kids at that school though.  It's better when it's full of children.

Speaking of children, Adam is bringing Mark home today.

Last night, I texted Adam to ask if he was with Mark yet and he texted back this:


They found a place that accommodates gluten free.  They have gluten free sauces and rice noodles and had Mark use a specific bowl so they kept his food clear of any gluten.

No wonder Mark looks so happy.

I'll be happy to have that guy home!

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Congratulations to Mark on completing his first university semester! Have a wonderful Christmas break together! ❤

Mark Dahl said...

So glad Mark is coming home. So did you go to school today or is at home?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails