Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Wintry wedding

On Monday, Adam and I went to Twin Falls, Idaho.  While we drove, our phones started alarming us that there was going to be a winter squall and we should stay home.  Except we weren't home.  Other family members were driving from Nevada to Twin Falls and we texted each other pictures like this:



Everyone arrived safe and sound and we got together for dinner at Idaho Joe's.  When in Rome....

My parents, Marianne and family, Olivia and family and Tabor and family were all there.  I accidentally hugged my dad, forgetting he has bruised ribs because he'd been bucked off a horse earlier in the week.  When I told him he was too old for that, my mom said, "Try telling him that."

I thought I had just tried....

We had a lovely dinner though and you've got to hand it to Idaho Joe's for their price structure.  Things were cheaper if you got pie with them and a bacon burger was less than a regular burger.  It was dazzling.

Tuesday morning found us at the temple to see dear Liberty marry Nikki.  It was beautiful and I love going to sealings, particularly of people I love.  I also love sitting next to Adam and feeling grateful for forever.

Adam took this picture after the ceremony.


If it looks cold, it is because it was!

Here's the intrepid wedding party, posing for a picture.  (Nearly all these pictures were lifted from Facebook.  I appreciate the people who take pictures so I can keep my hands in my pockets.)

Desi, Lili, Clarissa, Liberty, Carolina, and Liberty's friends, Camberlin and Ruth--holding Nikki

We had lunch at a venue in Jerome, delicious Mexican food.  Tabor and I moved one of the tables across the room to sit directly below a heat vent.  It was the best seat in the house.

From there we drove to Fairfield, ID, which is where Nikki is from.  It was a pretty drive and a charming town.  It reminded Adam of Finland and we took a few turns around the place to soak in the sights.


There was a ring ceremony and a small reception.  We didn't stay too long because we were driving to my parents' that night.

And it was cooooold.


Tabor and Katie and family were also staying there so we enjoyed visiting with everyone.  The next morning we had a big breakfast (my mom pulls out all the stops), we selected Bingo prizes because we hadn't been there for Thanksgiving bingo, and then we went to Wells.  Marianne and Robert and their talented children could really have their own wedding business.  They've got it down.  Adam and I helped with the set up a bit.  When there was a lull in preparations (because when you're as organized as Marianne, there are actual lulls), Marianne and Katherine (Robert's sister) and I did yoga in the middle of the room.  Katherine's daughter and mom joined us too.  

Refreshed, we got back to work.


Here's the wedding dream team.  I loved that they had a cut out of Hyrum so we could enjoy his handsome face during the celebrating too.

Here's the happy couple, in front of the trees that I moved thirty times until I had them where I wanted them.  I think the people putting lights on them were tired of me, but they were exceedingly patient.


Once the actual reception started, we didn't stay long.  It was snowing and we wanted to get on the road.  The mountain passes were a little rough, but mostly the roads were fine.  

Mark and Emma had been planning to drive to Nevada for the reception but decided to stay home because of the weather.  When we were driving home and slip sliding along, I was grateful they weren't there driving also.  Mark hugged me when we got home and said, "I'm looking forward to mom and me time tomorrow."

Me too, kid.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Thanks for moving the trees to perfection. And everything else too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails