Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Porty shorty

I have been intermittently tackling a list of small chores that need doing now that I am home.  I wanted to take off the little aerator on the bathtub faucet to soak it in vinegar to get rid of the hard water deposits.  I could not get that thing off.

I tried a wrench and some pliers and it wouldn't budge.

I did what I should have done in the first place and I called Mark.

He said, "Well, your first problem is that you were probably going the wrong way because this is upside down. Your second problem is that you don't know right from left."

He was correct on both counts.  I was going upside down and right and left have always been hard for me to manage.  Awhile ago Mark taught me port and starboard and weirdly, that makes a lot more sense to me.  

We were making dinner and Adam asked about the aerator that was still on the counter.  I said, "That's Mark's.  He left it there."

Which wasn't true, but I like shifting blame.

I told Adam about the effort to remove it and how Mark had to do it in the end.   Mark said, to put it in terms I could understand, that I was going port instead of starboard when I was trying to unscrew it.  Lefty loose-y and righty tighty don't work so well for me.

Adam said, "Don't go porty shorty."

I don't even know what that means, but it makes me giggle every time I think of it.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails