Pages

Friday, January 7, 2022

Grateful Friday

Wednesday night, I went on a few Relief Society visits.  We were talking about Covid and our state's rising numbers.  I said, "I have had it + I've been vaccinated + I have had a booster shot.  I don't think I'll get it."

Pride cometh before the fall.

Yesterday I felt fine most of the day.  In the late afternoon--about the time the kids went home--I started feeling a sore throat; I started feeling a little achey.  I thought maybe it was all my students who are sick + the ENORMOUS testing line outside the school + the Covid numbers all conspiring to make me paranoid.

As time passed, I felt worse.  I decided to get a sub for today and play it safe.  I sequestered myself upstairs and wouldn't hug anyone--Mark hugged the back of my head from behind.  Try to tell that kid not to hug you.

I decided if I didn't feel better today, I would brave the testing line.  I debated for about an hour and then I got up and moved around and thought, "I really don't feel well."

So here I go.  I'm going to go get a test.  I'm taking a book to read.  At least then I will know and won't have to second guess my choices.

I would just like the record to state that I am so tired of this pandemic.

But, it's a grateful Friday post, so here's what I'm grateful about:

  • I found a sub for my class.  There's a school assembly and Fun Friday so it's not too complicated of a day. They will be fine.
  • Adult children are pretty great. They are self sufficient and helpful.  Braeden and Anna called me last night to chat and they cheered me up a lot.
  • Adam and Mark gave me a priesthood blessing.  I don't think I'll be very sick.  Just inconvenienced.
  • I'm grateful I can get a test.  (I'll be even more grateful if it is negative and I can soldier on.)
  • I do have a good book to read.  There's that.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

So sorry! Text me your results.

Unknown said...

So many have gotten this latest round. Take care and rest with or without a positive test.

Anonymous said...

I am surprised your school is having assemblies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails