Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Weekend

We had a nice weekend and I am happy to report that we are going back to in person school tomorrow.  I'm also very grateful that I don't have to make those kinds of decisions.  

We talked to Geri last night and she was telling us that there, kids who are exposed to Covid have to quarantine at home--the entire class--and can't come back until they have a negative test and tests are really hard to come by.

Alpine School district handles it completely differently.  Our students are in school much more. We are trudging along, despite high numbers of Covid cases.  I guess we are exchanging more education for less safety.

Who is right?

I have no idea.

I think anyone who has to make those decisions deserves our understanding and grace.  I'm glad it's not me!

We considered going somewhere like Moab during the long weekend, but it wasn't very warm there so we decided not to go.  On something of a whim, we did decide to go to Nevada on Sunday afternoon.  Olivia and Edgar had their Expedition break down and don't have a car that will fit everyone.  We offered to let them borrow our van, but Olivia said no.

I said it may take awhile to get the parts, etc. to get their car fixed.

She said maybe.  If that was the case maybe they would borrow it.

We decided we had time and it was a good time for us to take the van to them.  We talked to Mark on the phone while we were driving (a three-way call).  He said it was good to let the van stretch its legs and that's true.  The poor thing doesn't get driven much and it deserved an outing.

We had a nice time visiting with everyone Sunday evening and Monday too.  I took a walk with my sisters and Robert and Carolina, and Adam went on an adventure with my dad.  It involved getting stuck in the snow, sliding down a steep hill, a backhoe, and Adam losing a belt loop on his pants.  He said it was his price of admission for the adventure.

Unfortunately all three of my vaccinated brothers have Covid.  I hate that.  For one thing, I want the world to make sense and vaccinations to be an impenetrable armor and for another thing, I hate that they're sick. I am praying they are all better soon--and text lecturing them to take it easy and rest.

Last night when Adam and I were driving home, we were later than expected but didn't have anyone waiting for us at home so it was fine.  I said, "Let's call Mark."

Adam said, "We just talked to him yesterday."

I said, "That doesn't mean we don't miss him."

Adam agreed.

Baby steps to an empty nest.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Thank you so much for coming and for lending us your vehicle! I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails