Pages

Monday, January 31, 2022

The weekend

The school is buying the teachers new desk chairs.  (I declined because I brought a desk chair from home and I like it better.  They said I could pick an equivalently priced item for my classroom!)

In response to the email about the chairs, our school's computer tech sent this:


We do sit sometimes but we also don't sit a lot.

And I'm glad.  Sitting a lot is the worst.

Friday was a tough day at school.  I talked to Adam on his way home from work and got my tears out and then we went and got his car washed and I didn't even complain about him vacuuming it.  I hate vacuuming cars.  Even when he's the one doing it.  It's cold for one thing.

Then we went to dinner and an evening with Adam restores me even after tough days at school.

Saturday we took a very quick trip to Nevada.  We took Nola with us to advise us on an upcoming project that we're planning for.  We ate lunch at Olivia's and it was so fun to see my parents and sisters and Robert and some nephews and Carolina.  I told her she was my favorite niece since none of the others were there. She said, "I want to hear you say that when everyone is here."

I said, "..."

We had a lovely short trip though.  Any time I get to go to the heart of the golden west is OK with me.  (When you know, you know.)

Sunday, in a rare turn of events, Adam came to church with me.  Every Sunday he needs to be at the stake center at 7:00 AM and I'm never sure when I'll see him.  When I pulled into our church building, I saw him walking in and it felt like a gift.

That afternoon we went to a park in American Fork for a little walk and to enjoy the sunshine.  It was chilly sunshine though, so we didn't stay too long.  We talked to our boys and Anna (Emma wasn't feeling well + was sleeping).

We ate soup and biscuits and watched All Creatures Great and Small and it was a perfect and restful evening.

It made me ready for the week ahead.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails