Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Just sick

Don't you miss the days of just being able to be sick and not second guessing every sniffle to within an inch of its life?

I have friends at school that are SUPER worried about getting Covid and I have students who have had Covid cause havoc and devastation in their lives.

I don't want to give anyone Covid.

So yesterday, when I woke up with a killer headache and feeling super nauseous, I considered that those were Covid symptoms (because everything is a Covid symptom....).

I wrote some hasty sub plans and let them know I wouldn't be there.  It was a terrible day to miss.  For one thing, we were having a lockdown drill and those are terrible and stressful for the students (and me) and I wasn't there to tell them whispered stories like I usually do when we have to hide in the dark and I want to distract them (and me).

Ugh.

I debated about getting the test because I felt really awful and didn't feel like waiting in line and also, the governor here encouraged us to not get tested if we are sick, but just to assume we had Covid because our test supplies were low.

I thought about it back and forth.  I ultimately decided to get tested.  To assume I had it and needed a sub for the rest of the week would put a big burden on the already stretched very thin school.  

There was one car ahead of me in line, which was an amazing contrast to what it's been.  

I got a negative test.  I think I just had a bad migraine.  Maybe someday I can just be sick and not go through the second guessing.  Hopefully someday soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails